With family, it really is the Happiest Place on Earth!


Last month, we had the chance to go to Disneyland for a week. It was so much fun. The kids were SOOO excited and honestly, the parents were too. We needed a family vacation and we sure made the most of it! My parents were with us the first few days and Jayson's parents came the last few days, so it really was all about family. Given the chance, we would go again in a heartbeat.

Smoochie was especially excited! She didn't remember going last time and was so excited to meet a princess! Turns out her favorite ride is the Matterhorn or as our kids call it, "The Scooby-Doo Ride." (They think the ice monster is from one of the Scooby Movies.) She did cry the first time we rode it, but we immediately rode it again and as we unbuckled her she looked up and said, "I do it again!" She never stopped saying it. Even during the fireworks on Friday night, she and I were in line for the Matterhorn.

Honey and Bobo rode Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Screamin' Over California for the first time. There wasn't a ride they didn't do. They even rode the Tea Cups with Grandma Vowell for the first time since neither Jayson or I can handle that one!

Pirates of the Carribean is also a family favorite. I think we rode that like 20 times! No Joke! Both the Grandpas got soaked sitting in the front on Splash Mountain so that Honey could sit up front too. How sweet! It was an awesome week and a million happy memories were made!


Smoochie has fallen in love with Disneyland and asks us every night if we can go again. When we explained that we probably won't be going back any time soon, it just didn't seem to cut it for her. Finally we said, we aren't going to go again until you are older. She woke up the next morning, walked in the room and anounced, "I not 3 any more. I old. Now can we go to Disneyland tonight?"
I wish!

Comments

  1. Sounds like your kids are the perfect age for that kind of trip! We haven't braved it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! I'm glad you guys had so much fun! next time we sould tag-a-long so it can be about family even more! Megan is so funny, "i not 3 anymore. I old." haha Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun trip! Carson asked how old he had to be before he could go to Disneyland today. We told him when he is 5. Now he wants to go next fall break. I like the idea of grandparents coming too. An extra set of hands sounds nice with the little ones. I love all the pirate pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aubrey... I think it's time for an update. I know I'm not the one to talk but still, it has been a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back-Blogged...