Spring Break





My parents had an extra room at their time-share in Flagstaff. So Jayson took off work and we headed North. It was a lot of fun. Usually when I think of spring break, I imagine some place warm and sunny. It was not warm but tons of fun anyways. We kept the gas fireplace burning constantly and one day even watched out the window as the snow fell. Talk about cozy! Anyhow, we took the kids to the museum of Northern Arizona (which wasn't too exciting for them), to Lowell Observatory where they and our "oldest son" my 21 year old brother (inside joke) got to move the gigantic telescope into position. One day, we took the kids and my parents up to the Grand Canyon. It was awesome! (I had forgotten how Huge--I mean-- Grand it is.) Smoochie was a mess the whole day. She cried in every picture because she hated being on the edge of the canyon. We rode the free bus shuttles up to Hermit's Rest and made a few stops along the way. It was fabulous. The kids probably enjoyed the bus rides more than the actual canyon. As we were driving out of the park, there were mule deer crossing the road. Jayson stopped the car, grabbed the camera and took some awesome shots. He wished he was taking a different kind of shot entirely, if any of you fellow-hunters know what I mean. Later that week, we hiked to cliff dwellings at Walnut Canyon. 284 feet down and back up again. The kids were officially sworn in as Park Rangers. Much to the delight of a certain 5 year old boy. The ranger solemnly asked the kids to swear to always leave things in nature the way they found it. I only wished it worked the same way at home. Cleaning up after the trip was probably the only time we weren't having fun this spring break.
Cute pictures! Looks like you managed to have fun even without us... no fair.
ReplyDeleteWow you guys are such a cute family love the pictures. Well I guess Ill see you tomorrow at church or ...... maybe choir;)
ReplyDeleteJason & Aubrey -
ReplyDeleteYou both have such an adorable family and your kids are getting so big! I wish we got to see each other more often. Take care.