The Baby's BooBoo











Last month Pookie fell off our bed and broke her leg. Yes, I was standing right next to her and no I couldn't catch her before she hit the floor. She cried at first but it wasn't until I noticed that she wasn't pulling herself up on things that I knew something was wrong. I opened the dishwasher to see if she would climb in. When she didn't, we left for urgent care. The doctors thought she was fine because she was cooing and smiling at them. After the x-ray showed a break, they started to believe that something was wrong. She broke her lower leg, above the ankle and growth plate. They wrapped her in a temporary cast for the weekend and by Monday morning she had a bright pink cast with sparkles. By Tuesday morning, she had literally crawled out of it, and in three days, she had been through three casts (including the temporary one). The new cast was quite a bit more bulky and her leg was bent at both the knee and the ankle. It was also quite a bit heavier and really made it "fun" to carry her around. The bigger cast didn't deter her from crawling, standing or even scooting. Jayson has told the whole world that I was sad that my baby was getting ready to WALK and so I arranged this little "accident" to keep her from growing up. Ha-Ha Honey!!! Happily, the cast was removed today! Her leg has healed after only four weeks and almost immediately she started kicking, standing and scooting on it. Babies are amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back-Blogged...