Walk in the Wild 5k at the Phoenix Zoo


A few months ago, I got the idea I wanted to run a 5k. When I found out about the 1st annual 5k at the Phoenix Zoo, I thought it would be nice to do it with my parents and siblings. They were all sweet enough to let me talk them into it and so we signed up as the team, Cheetahs in Training. Last Saturday was the race and it was a lot of fun. The kids really got into it and Bobo was convinced that he was going to win the race. He ended up getting so winded at 1/2 a mile that Jayson had to stop and make him rest before he could go any further. Jayson was an angel and sacrificed his run to stop and help the kids so that I could meet my goal. I couldn't have done it without you Babe! My goal was... to NOT STOP jogging for the whole 3 miles. And Yeah!!! I did it. I have no idea how long it took me because I forgot to start my timer in the chaos of the beginning, but who cares.... I didn't stop the whole 3 miles! I was so relieved. I think everyone had a nice enough time to commit to doing it again next year. Yeah! Our family placed like this: Cameron ran 3 miles in about 30 seconds and spent the rest of the time wondering where the rest of us were. I came huffing and puffing through the finish line followed closely by Tyler, Deborah and Lindy. After dropping the kids off to my parents around the second lap, Jayson made good time to the end. My mom and the kids ditched the second lap for an early finish and then we all cheered my Dad through the finish line with Pookie in her stroller. Go Family. You are all awesome!
Comments
Post a Comment